The brand new
Since 1991, Choeur Maha has been so much more than an innovative, skilled and devoted choir of women. Maha is an amazing community of friends, activists and artists who support and inspire one another. Maha is also a feminist force for change in this city—bringing our special brand of performance to protests, marches and other gatherings around Montreal and beyond.
Maha Community is a way for former Maha members to stay more closely connected. When you join, you are invited to rehearse with us once a month from 8 pm until 9:30, you are always welcome to our after practice drinks, you are always informed and invited to perform in our extra gigs and performances.
who can join?
Any woman who has been in Maha in the past and/or has passed an audition for Maha. The Maha Community repertoire will include old Maha classics, songs which are accessible, fairly easy to sing well, and our favorites to perform at community events. Many former Maha members cannot make the significant commitment to weekly rehearsals, practicing difficult material at home, weekend retreats and demanding concert weeks but still want to sing and be connected to Maha.
what can you expect?
- an invitation to rehearse at Oboro the last Tuesday of every month (arrive for tea at 8, singing until 9:30)
- pdfs and some mp3s of our core Maha repertoire (approx 8-10 songs)
- a chance to experience our new musical director Solène Derbal
- news and invitation for extra gigs (ex: International Women’s Day)
- an invitation to join us at the bar every Tuesday night as of 9:45 pm
- a opportunity to participate in our more informal December concert/variety show
- a sense of belonging to the wonderful entity which is Choeur Maha.
how do you join?
sign up on our website. Here is the link https://goo.gl/forms/t58iLeL9vzedwGGg2
Pay $50 for the year’s membership